Happy Father's Day!

Monday, June 18, 2012


I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day!  I think that Mother's Day and Father's Day is always such a great time to thank and appreciate how extremely difficult it is being a GOOD parent.  (I stress the good, because it is easy to just be a “parent”).   I never, in a million years, thought being a good parent was as difficult as it is.   Today I want to share a little bit about our special Daddy! 
I am going to write today about the best father anyone could ask for, my husband Jon.   Jon is the best father to Aurora.  Although I always knew he would be an amazing father, he has completely exceeded all of my expectations.  I felt so upset because yesterday we didn't have a lot of time to celebrate Father's Day.   Rory was insanely crazy, we were backed up on our house duties because of our busy week both jon had at work and I had here with Rory.  
Rory and I woke up making him “Jelly doughnut muffins” and then gave him his father’s day presents.  We gave him the tie we made and showed him The matching dresses that I made for Rory and I to match.  We also made him some coasters and I barbecued for him on our weekly “grill night.”  I really wanted Jon to have a great Father's Day.  I wanted to plan a whole weekend just to let him know how much we appreciate him and how much we love him, even though I know he knows.... it is always nice to have a little remind.
 Jon has always been there for me and Rory.  It is one of the many reasons why I love him so much.  He always puts us first before anything else in his life.  Jon I have been married for almost 7 years to be seven years (next month will be our anniversary) and although we do have our ups and downs we could not be more compatible together.  Part of what makes our marriage work so much is our communication.  I could not be more happy as a wife and mother and part of that is because I have such a great husband who is there for us no matter what.   I always knew that Jon would be a great father, but I didn't know just how good!  Once Rory was born Jon just turned into super dad!  He is amazing!  I am so lucky to have him!  
Rory loves him so much!   It is so funny because when Jon is home, all Rory wants to do is spend time with her daddy!  Even when Jon is outside cutting grass Rory and I are by the window watching him waving every time he passes us!  She always wants to do what her daddy is doing...And who could blame her! I love watching the two of them play together- nothing makes me smile more than watching the two of them play!
I hope everyone had a great Father's Day.  I am very happy and lucky that Rory has the best daddy!  Jon, happy Father's Day and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Simplistic Chic - a blogger template | ©2011 Dualillusions.com