Cousin Love!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012


Sometimes, something so wonderful happens that it leaves you completely speechless.  


The other day, I was left completely wordless; just silent, but with a huge smile on my face.  My uncle John and Aunt Melissa sent Rory a package today.  It was as if they knew everything she liked because they sent her a puzzle, a stuffed dog, those goofy glasses with the mustache and big nose, a bee bubble blower, and some stickers.  It was like Christmas morning for Rory.  
Rory loves the puzzle, she makes animal noises as she puts the animals in their spots.




The package made me smile from ear to ear.  It just reinforced what I already knew: I have the best family ever.   While Rory was putting stickers on me, Jon and the Dogs, I opened up the cards that were inside; and that is when I went speechless.

Inside was a card from my cousin Jack, who I haven’t seen in a long time.   Jack is older now, and in his pictures he looks like a bundle of energy.  (I have a few favorite memories of Jack; see below.)  
I love how he wrote her name at the top of the card.  Rory kisses the puppy on it too!

Jack wrote a sweet note to Rory about how he knows she will be OK at the Doctor’s, because he was in the doctor and they took care of him.  I am by far not a crier, but this brought tears to my eyes!  It was the cutest thing ever.  


It makes me wish that we were closer so Rory could play with her cousins all the time, but until then; Rory will be sending Jack some mail ;).  No one can argue with me, I do have the best family ever!

Favorite Jack Memories
The day after my wedding, all of our family went over to my moms house and we went swimming, had a bbq, and opened presents.  Jon adn I were outside with Jack adn he was very curious about our cat.  He kept touching its tail and then letting go, adn he asked us, “What happens if you pull his tail?”  (Little did he know, Jon and I say that all the time when ever we see a cat or when Rory yanks on their tails!).  This is my favorite memory #1.

My second favorite memory of Jack happened at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.   It was towards the end of the night when all the kids were all hopped up on cake, candies and soda.  My cousin Jack was running around with my other cousins, and you know how little boys run- their arms flail at that magical height for men.  Yep thats right, in an instant jon had his head between his legs and informed me he felt like throwing 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Simplistic Chic - a blogger template | ©2011 Dualillusions.com