Brownies worth the calories!!!!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Normally when I bake for myself, Jon and rory I go all turbo healthy- I have gotten pretty good at finding substitutes for butter and sugar. I don’t know if I am just used to my food tasting “diety” or if I just genuinely like the healthier taste of food. However, if I do have people over or bake for someone I use noramal butter, sugar and other foods that can help with that cellulite.

Many of you have seen that yesterday was my mother’s birthday from my last post. Since it was just my neice and nephews birthday my mother didn’t’ want a big celebration and did not want a big fancy cake with left overs. So we decided to make her some brownies and have ice cream Sundays.

My mom had one of those edge brownie pans- where every piece is an edge, since she loves the corners, so I thought brownies would be an awesome choice!

I decided to make deep dish brownies and use a recipie my mom gave to me a while ago. I hated to do it but I used all real ingredients- even butter! I tweeked the recipie a bit to make the brownies more fudgy and chewy (I like them a little doughy, but I knew I would have to cook them completely for the rest of the family!) Here is the recipie I used:
1 cup of melted butter (It seriously killed me to put this in there)
2 cups of sugar
2 t of vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ t salt
½ t baking powder
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips

I mixed the butter and sugar together, added vanilla, then beated in the eggs one at a time. I sifted the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder, put it all in the pan and cooked in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 min.


They were seriously the best brownies I have ever eaten!!!! My family all went back for seconds they were so good!

The chocolate and white chocolate chips added a nice melty treat in them! I made sure they weren’t too cakey and more fudgy with the baking powder and eggs . We had tehse with some vanilla icecream and chocolate sauce and I was in food heaven!

Today I rode the exercise bike for an hour and lifted weights to make up for my diet sins…..they were well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Simplistic Chic - a blogger template | ©2011 Dualillusions.com