mothers day weekend!

Monday, May 14, 2012


I had such a great Mother’s day!  It was kind of a “mother’s Day Weekend.”  Jon did all my normal “mom duties” of cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, etc and went completely above and beyond for me.  
Saturday we had a family day, we had so much fun!  It started with me waking up to Jon making some delicious banana cream cheese filled muffins and Rory still in bed!  The muffins were SO delicious!  After some fun family playing we went to the K-9 festival at mount trashmore.  Instead of us all driving there, I ran there and met Jon and Rory!  I normally don’t get to go on long runs, Rory doesn’t ride in her stroller longer than 10 minuets (unless there are busses out for her to look at), so I normally just run for 30 minuets in the morning.  This nice long run was quite a treat!
The K-9 festival was so much fun too!  Rory loved seeing all the dogs, and they were all friendly pups too!  It was such a wonderful day to be outside; it wasn’t too hot or too cold.  It was perfect out.
When Rory went down for her nap, I was able to have uninterrupted time and got so much work done!  Jon brought me lunch and did all my chores- it was so nice to have uninterrupted time!  
Then we had family fun time!
I then got the best present of all- Rory slept!  She was up at 5:30am; but I will take it!!!  It was SO nice to have more than 2 hours of sleep!!!!
Sunday was great too!  Jon made me a delicious blueberry coffee cake which I devoured more than I should have!  Rory’s blisters were doing so much better- she was still hurting but could walk better and wasn’t so fussy!  I got to go on a nice long 8 mile run too and came home to the smell of charcoal and got to play outside with Rory while Jon barbecued.  
I am so lucky to have such a great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Simplistic Chic - a blogger template | ©2011 Dualillusions.com