Happy Birthday Rory!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It all began when my husband informed me that his dada d step mom were going to come visit over labor day.  For some reason my husband who can a myriad of surgeries on any species of animal did not think that labor day was in the beginning of September and even more importantly the weekend before the party!!!  I didn't get to work on party stuff for a whole weekend- I felt delayed and overwhelmed....not to mention stressed!  Whenever Rory gets overwhelmed she throws up too and I swear a poltergeist came out of her when my in laws were in town. Having a baby get sick is such a helpless feeling because she's not able to tell me what's going on inside that little body- 

They left Tuesday morning so we had our normal mommy and Rory time. She was so happy being back on her routine! She's such a good girl adapting so well to changes- but ultimately just loving her schedule...and mommy likes the schedule too! 

On Wednesday we did our normal routine up until the night. Jon got a call from work saying he had a military working dog emergency-I figured he did, I saw it was his assistant that called and they frequently call him at all hours of the day, so I thought nothing of it!  I went ahead and laid in bed and worked on party stuff waiting for him to come home later in the night.  He ended up coming home an hour or so later, he came in the room and told me he had a surprise fir me out in the living room. I assumed it was a cat doing something stupid or all squirmed up in some strange contorted position, but I went out because often times it's worth the trip to see what these felines can do. I was not expecting to see my older sister standing there waving!!!

It was awesome!  She came in for Rory's birthday!!!  It was the best present ever!  We had pizza and beer and talked till about 1am. Jon was so nice and slept o. The couch so we could have the bedroom,  where we laid down only to talk a few hours more.  It was the longest I've stayed up since Rory was born, but well worth it!

The next day Rory woke up and was so excited to see aunt Lauren!  She didn't hesitate at all to go to her at all!  It was as if she sees Lauren every day!  We spent the next day going to little gym and making a few trips to get last minuet party supplies!  

The next day mom and dad were coming in but not till 10pm.  Once again we made last minute trips to the store for random things- then I got a fabulous idea to make Jon a shirt special for Rory's birthday.  I got the shirt because I knew I had iron on transfers at home.  

We got home made pretzels dipped in chocolate, cheesecake bites, peanut butter fudge and then it was time for Jon's shirt.  T turned out I didn't have the iron on transfers- just he beautiful package they were in.  I had to make yet again another trip to ac Moore and this time bought shirts for mom and dad too.  I figured I could squeeze a few more shirts in because Rory had a nice long afternoon nap ahead of us....or did she...

Rory was so excited to spend the day with aunt Lauren that she chose to nap maybe 15 min!  I got the shirts barely done- I let her fuss in her crib for a good 10 min in hopes that she would go down- but she never went down.  
I still had a lot of party stuff to get done- just the little decorating odds and ends but it all added up, and I would at least get some done when Jon came home.  But Jon called and had to remove a spleen...looks like I needed to pray for extra hours in the day!  Some how we managed to get cupcakes made and I got to making Rory's cake.  Rory had to have a special cake, I actually tried several recipes before the party because i was dealthy afraid of giving her too much sugar and having her act like a teenager on jolt cola.  I finally found one she seemed to like, it was a peanut butter and banana cake (and I swear it helped me do well on my mud run) with cream cheese frosting.  She liked it and oddly enough Jon and I thought it was mighty tasty too!

Jon finally came home and was complete exhausted-  I knew he had to be, being on his feet all day and having an emergency surgey to finish things off.  I had a few hours before I had to pick up my parents at the airport, so e put fussy pants down for bed ate desert and then went to the airport. 
It was so good to see them and of course we stayed up late eating chops and drinking beer- although I refrained from the beer.  We knew we had to get in a good night sleep because tomorrow was beach day!

It was awesome waking Rory up in the morning! We snuck up to mom and dads room to wake them up- she was alarmed at the inflatable mattress upstairs the most!  She took so well to mom and dad though, and before we knew if they were all 3 playing on the floor like old friends.

We had a great time at the beach!  We swam and went boogie boarding- it was wonderful.  

We wanted to do one if our grill nights for mom and dad so Jon went to the store when we got back.  We had a great grill night, had Irish cream cheesecake, and got to skype Trish and Shannon.  That was so sweet- they wanted to give Rory her present early so we decided to let her open it.  It was neat seeing Shannys face on skype because you could see she was so excited about the present she got for Rory.  It was the sweetest gift ever- Shan gave Rory her baby- kind of!  This baby is so well loved!  She has a crazy haircut and pen makes all over her body!  One of our friends even referred to her as "the bride of Chucky" but I think all those little imperfections make kind of so special.  Dad said he worked so hard trying to get all the ink and everything off her but it wouldn't come off, and I'm so glad because kind of is Rory's style of baby doll!

I was worried Rory may not like the baby as much as Shan would like her too because she doesn't have any!  Of course Rory surprised me and loved her so much.  Kind if was greeted out of the box with kisses and hugs.  

Rory did not want to sleep at all that night- she just gets so excited when people come over and we think she feels as if she's going to miss out in things!  I was rocking her in her room and thought shed be fine if I just put her in her crib and let her fuss for a few minutes.  So I let her go and watched her scream and fuss in the monitor.  Minutes later I could hear her sounding funny and got that crazy mother feeling!  I ran into her room and picked her up out of her crib as she vomited a poltergeist all over me.  

It was the most terrible feeling knowing that a few minutes ago I had her in my arms and she was fine, but because I wanted to put her to bed and spend more time with my family I selfishly put her in her crib and she screamed so much she puked.  Good one, the mother of the year award goes to me!  

I am also one of the biggest sissy's when it comes to vomit.  Just the smell gets the chunks rising in my own throat and even thinking about someone vomiting is currently making my stomach turn.  I now had vomit all over my clothes, in my bra, in my hair, on my face, and pretty much any other place one could dream up.  I was on the verge of passing out because of the horrid smell but I thought of poor Rory, completely overwhelmed by all the company coming into her life, the excitement it must be to see her Aunt Lauren, Mimi and papa all at once, and how she just wants to spend time with them to.  I felt like this was not only my fault because I had put her in the crib but also because I was the one hyping everyone up with this big birthday celebration for Rory.  Jon said it himself that he was looking forward to the party to be over because of all the time, effort and money I was putting into it.  I was so excited to celebrate her first birthday that i didn't even think about how it was going to effect her; having all of her friends in the house at the same time, pigeons all over the wall, her family coming in from St. Louis, the cake, the balloons everything all at once. it had to be overwhelming for a one year old because it was quite overwhelming on me!  

She really didn't want to be out of my arms and I wasn't ready to let her go just yet, I decided to be that lady who bathes with her kids without a swimsuit.  it was the only way to get all the vomit off of her and hopefully all off of me too.  She wanted to be held tight so I was holding her and her head was on my shoulder while i poured water all on her to remove the putrid scent and chunks of vomit.  It was sweet and disgusting.  After a few minutes she decided she no longer wanted mommy and began to play in the bath normal Rory style.  She must be feeling better.  I scrubbed the front of me off as best as i could and tried to get out of the tub so I could shower off in my tub.  Rory wanted no part in this, she still wanted me to be close to her.  I got most of the vomit off except the little bit in my hair that i could smell every time i breathed in.  

My poor little bug was now exhausted.  Mom, Dad and Lauren decided to go for a walk and remove themselves from the Nauss house of chaos for a bit.  Jon and I did our normal "twinkle twinkle little star" serenades and now my girl was exhausted and went down for sleep perfectly.
i felt terrible about everything and was considering canceling the party.  I also still had vomit in my hair.

my family came back from their walk and helped talk me out of my guilt of putting her in her crib too early and reassured me that I could cancel the party if I wanted to but it may not be a good idea.  I just didn't want Rory to get too overwhelmed with everything, I was so scared and so unsure of what to do.  I had spent so much time on her decorations, Lord knows I couldn't pick a theme where I could just buy all the decorations, I had to make them all myself.  Everything I had to do myself to make it more special for Rory.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every second of it, I love doing crafty projects like this, and I felt like this party had to be completely perfect for my perfect little angel to celebrate the most perfect year of her life.  But now I was willing to throw all the pigeons away just because I was worried my special girl may get too excited with everything and have another vomiting episode.  

what to do....I decided to sleep on it....

but believe it or not...I could hardly sleep, I kept thinking about everything and what I should do about the party.  I thought about cupcake frosting melting and pigeons having the wrong color of beaks, and all sorts of other stupid things one thinks about at night.

The party day was finally here and I woke up feeling terrible- perhaps it was all the excitement or be fact that I still has vomit in my hair but I really felt terrible.  Rory on the other hand was geared up to go.  We gave out the special t-shirts to jon and my mom and dad.  That was good for about 30 seconds until the transfers all fell off.  I was livid.  Mom dad and jon took rory to the little gym so lauren and I could clean up and do last minuet prep.  While cleaning I made more messes by breaking a lightbulb and breaking a wine glass.  It was great!  When they came home I put rory to bed and decorated and finally showered myself.  

For a few months now all I could think about was Rorys face when she woke up from her nap!  I'd take her out of her room and she could see all the pigeons and signs and balloons and I longed to see that smile on her face!  I couldn't wait to get her up!  

She woke up and was just as excited as I had hoped!  She was a bit taken back but excited none the less.  We ate a banana and waited for our guests.

The party came and rory did so well!  She was in control of he party- showing all of her friends her toys and her house!  She was just walked around smiling and happy!  

I couldn't wait for The cake either!  I spent so much time making different cakes and the peanut butter banana was due to be a hit.  It looked disgusting after it had been in the fridge- the frosting was brownish becaus of the banana and it all looked pukey.  Rory was such a pretty girl and just took little picks of her cake- she never wanted to smash her face in it but just take a small pick out of the pigeons eye.  Shes so sweet too, she fed both me and dada.  It was wonderful.

She then got little fussy- so we took her outside.  We didn't end up doing presents because I didn't want to overwhelm her.  I was waiting foe her to go down for a nap because she looked so tired.

Everyone went home

Party was over

And rory got a second wind- dove into all her presents and didn't nap a bit.

I was so lucky to have my sister and mom and dad here!  It was the best birthday weekend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simplistic Chic - a blogger template | ©2011 Dualillusions.com