The Common Frienemy

Monday, January 23, 2012


The Frienemy.  We all have one- every one of us, weather we like to admit it or not, everyone has one person in their life that they don't like, but are nice to because they either feel obligated to or because that person is part of their “group” of friends.  Whatever the case maybe, if you don't have a frienemey, you are lying to yourself, because you  have one.
I encountered my frienemy the other day.  Its funny because every time I see this person my stomach turns a bit and I want to turn in the other direction.  It almost makes me nauseous just thinking about this!  
So here is my question...What is the proper Frienemy etiquette?  Do I just deal with this?  I hate not being honest about things, I am a pretty big straightforward kind of gal, I like to tell things like it is.   
So I really want to just tell this person, “Look, I know we don't like each other, its obvious- you don't care for me and I don't like you just as much, but we need to get along because we have mutual friends.  I don’t like “pretending” like we are friends, but we can be civil.”  However, I am not sure if this would be something that would just cause more drama.  I know I would like for someone to tell me how they honestly feel, but I am hate drama!

Its really annoying to me the "fakeness" that goes on.  I hate acting interested in anything they have to say, Its ridiculous!   
So what do we do?  Do we just continue to be fake or do I completely ignore this person, do I confront her and tell her how I really feel?  

What do normal people do in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Simplistic Chic - a blogger template | ©2011 Dualillusions.com